Friday, February 9, 2018

On the Needles 2

Here are all the things I made this week.

Knitting

The shawl is done, and I love how it looks.

I took this cowl I've had on the needles for a while to a knitting circle last night, and realized I'm not really sure what I want to do with it. Someone suggested I make it a pencil case or a small pillow, and I'm considering it.



I also made some progress on my Desert Bus project, and I'll probably finish this first piece over the weekend.

Drawing

Writing

I haven't had much brain space for writing this week, for work reasons, but I did add a scene to my planeswalker fic.

Deckbuilding

This week at Lady Planeswalkers, I drafted a blue-green Merfolk deck and won two rounds with it, which is better than I usually do. My normal plan at drafts is to make an aggressive deck that ends up running out of steam halfway through the game. This deck didn't do that, and I felt really good about it, like I was solving a puzzle every time I played. I should aim for more of that--and since my Standard pirates deck, which is descended from an especially successful aggressive draft deck, is slowly turning into a "make my opponent discard stuff" combo deck, I may get a little more of that. One of my prize packs had Angrath, the Flame-Chained in it; in theory, he'll make my combo even better. A friend at the draft gave me an Elder Dinosaur I need for my dinosaur deck, and I've updated my elf deck with some cards from the draft and the prize packs.

Baking

Yesterday I went to a hamentaschen-making party at my local synagogue. "Party" in this context means me and five grandmothers setting up an assembly line to turn premade dough and filling into about two hundred delicious cookies, which will be frozen for the next three weeks and then thawed and eaten at the Purim event at the end of the month. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed rolling dough and folding the cookies--I miss baking, and I should do more of it. Luckily, I have the option to make more hamentaschen next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment